The Caplin adapter for the Barracuda Order Management System (OMS) provides integration between the Caplin Platform and the Barracuda OMS.
The topic describes how to install the Barracuda Adapter.
To install the adapter, you require:
- The Caplin Barracuda Order Adapter installation file
- Caplin Deployment Framework 6.2 or higher
- Oracle Java 8
- A Guice module that customises the adapter to your deployment environment. See Customising the Barracuda Order Adapter.
The Barracuda Order Management System (OMS) must be configured as follows:
- Order modifications are rejected when the order is close to filling (order-modification limits).
- Sales margin (markup) is included in the tracking rate.
- Sales margin (markup) precision is set to tenths of a pip.
To install the Barracuda Order Adapter using the Caplin Deployment Framework, follow the instructions below:
- Deactivate any existing order adapters. For example, to uninstall the RET Order Adapter:
- ./dfw deactivate LimitOrderAdapter
- Copy the Barracuda Order Adapter blade archive to the <framework-root>/kits directory
- Deploy the adapter:
- ./dfw deploy BarracudaOrderAdapter
- Specify IP addresses of the primary and secondary hosts of the adapter:
- ./dfw hosts BarracudaOrderAdapter primary_host_ip secondary_host_ip
- Restart the deployment framework:
- ./dfw start
For more information on deploying Caplin supplied blades to the Deployment Framework, see Deploy Platform Components to the Framework.
Perform the following tasks in the sections below.
Configure the adapter
To configure the adapter with connection details for your Barracuda OMS, see Configuration.
Customise the adapter
To provide the adapter with required and optional customisations for usernames, accounts, decimal precision, validation, and blotter columns, see Customising the adapter.
To authorise users to subscribe to subjects published by the adapter, see Permissioning.