If your new Integration Adapter blade won't start properly, or misbehaves when running, have a look at this checklist of commonly occurring faults:
- Have you forgotten to create a var directory in the blade?
Its path in the Deployment Framework is:
- Have you set up the server hostnames for the blade?
See Change server hostnames in How Can I... Change server-specific configuration.
- Is there erroneously more than one instance of the Integration Adapter running?
- For Integration Adapters that connect to the Liberator, you can easily check this by looking at the Liberator’s status page, where you'll find that the DataSources section shows the Adapter as a flashing entry.
- For Integration Adapters that connect only to the Transformer, look in the servers/Transformer/var/transformer.* files on the server under which the Transformer is running, and check for multiple peer connection and disconnection messages.
- Are there any errors shown in the log files in the blade’s var directory?
- On the server where the Liberator is running, check the servers/Liberator/var/event-rttpd.* files for errors. Look out especially for field-related errors (reused field names or numbers).
- If you're using a Transformer, check on the server where the Transformer is running the servers/Transformer/var/* files for errors. Look out especially for field-related errors (reused field names or numbers).