This page provides an overview of the installation steps for FX Mobile.
Please check the hardware and operating system requirements before continuing.
To install FX Mobile, you will require:
- A J2EE web container that supports at least version 2.5 of the Java Servlet specification.
- The FX Mobile WAR file
- The following Caplin Platform components:
- Liberator, Transformer, and the RET Adapter Suite
- Transformer services: Persistence, Refiner, Watchlist, Charting, and Alerts
If you want to customise your installation by deploying the FX Mobile application and FX Mobile's KeyMaster servlet to different J2EE web containers, your J2EE web containers must support Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
Installing Caplin Platform
Follow the instructions below to install the Caplin Platform components required by FX Mobile. If you already have Caplin Platform installed, check that you have installed all required components and services below.
- Install the Deployment Framework
- Install core components:
- Install core-component services:
- Customise your deployment configuration
Installing the FX Mobile WAR
The FX Mobile web application is supplied in a web application archive (WAR) for deployment to a J2EE web container.
To install the FX Mobile WAR:
- Configure the FX Mobile WAR. See Application configuration and Blotter configuration.
- Check the value of the TIMEZONE configuration property before deploying.
- Deploy the FX Mobile WAR to your J2EE web container.
- For more information on deploying WAR files, consult the manual for your Java web container.
- Configure the J2EE web container's JNDI context with the environment entries required by FX Mobile.
- FX Mobile will raise an error if any of the entries are missing.
- For more information on configuring JNDI environment entry resources, consult the manual for your J2EE web container.
- Start the FX Mobile web application in your J2EE web container.