It is assumed that you will already have a basic understanding of what Integration Adapters are, and how they operate.
The Caplin RET Adapter Suite contains a host of integration adapters that are designed to integrate a RET-AD (Reuters Electronic Trading -Automated Dealing™) system with the Caplin Platform, and supply RET functionality and data.
The Adapter Suite contains a suite of integration adapters. Each adapter is designed to integrate a specific set of RET functionality or data into a Caplin Platform environment. The RET Adapters include generic code and tests that handle the translation of RET messages into Caplin message specifications and vice versa, as well as handling other business logic.
Here’s a list of the default RET Integration Adapters, and their purpose:
- Calendar Adapter - Used to provide Tenor dates and Settlement dates when setting up trades.
- FX Trading Adapter- Used to facilitate FX trading with functions that include ESP and RFS using a RET-AD system.
- LBN Adapter - Used to provide historic blotter data detailing the user's open (active) and executed deals.
- Order Adapter - Used to set up Order tickets, and to provide Orders functionality.
- Pricing Adapter - Used to deliver streaming prices (rates) via a RET-AD system.
- Permissioning Adapter - Provides a permissions framework for use with Caplin Platform data, as well as providing an integration point for an external permissions service.
- Director Permissioning Adapter - Used to integrate with Caplin Director (an Administration tool) - replacing the standard Permissioning Adapter.
- Common Config Adapter - Used to configure an Activity Blotter to receive data from the Order Adapter, as well as from the FX Trading Adapter.
See the Adapter Feature List for more detail on Caplin supplied RET Adapters.
Before starting this course, ensure that you have access to a location from which to download the latest versions of:
- Deployment Framework
- Caplin Liberator
- Caplin Transformer
Download the slide show presentations for the RET Adapter Suite course.