This is an opportunity to work in business development and sales at a creative and outstanding technology software company.
Caplin Systems, due to celebrate our 20th anniversary this year, markets web-based trading technology - software components, front end solutions, and professional services. Our customers include four of the top five global banks (by FX volume) as well as leading regional and national financial institutions.
We currently have a vacancy for an EMEA Business Development Executive. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their relationship and sales skills to an organisation at the leading edge of web-based trading technology, with clients including some of the world’s biggest financial institutions. The role will be based in our London office in the City, on a permanent basis, with global travel as required. The role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
You will be using your natural ability to build relationships, understanding of the people and processes within financial markets, and curiosity for identifying credible business need across financial institutions to drive new business within Caplin’s ‘Go to Market’ team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and share with the C-Suite and the Business Development team a business plan for the region, based on careful analysis of client sector, individual prospects, and Caplin product set.
- Be responsible for achieving pipeline generation and revenue targets for your region.
- Identify and document in CRM all opportunities at the various stages of the sell-cycle, providing useful detail and insight into the business drivers for each.
- Engage prospects with energy and conviction and place customer need at the centre of the sales process through a consultative sales approach.
- Maintain and update CRM with all contacts, progress reports and other material relevant to each opportunity.
- Institute a collegiate approach to working with other Business Development Executives so that the organisation, as a whole benefits from collective experience.
- Work with Marketing, Pre-Sales, Technology and the C-Suite to produce high quality, insightful sales collateral that helps establish Caplin as a thought leader in our space.
- Engage C-Suite executives with every significant new client opportunity (at a threshold to be agreed) and take responsibility for their involvement in the process.
- Meet existing and potential customers regularly and ensure that each one has multiple points of contact within Caplin..
- As required, be responsible for account management of key accounts in the region.
- Feed back into the Caplin Product teams to help grow a mature and evolving product.
- Foster a positive, dynamic, inclusive and professional work environment where all employees have the opportunity to succeed, are proud of their product and services and eager to help the customer solve their problems.
You should apply if:
- A minimum of 3 years’ business development, relationship management or sales experience – ideally all three.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- An excellent understanding of front-office trading processes in Financial Markets / Investment Banking.
- Strong FX domain knowledge.
- Attention to detail and unbounded curiosity.
- Excellent and demonstrable visualisation skills.
- Effective time-management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently and manage deadlines.
- Drive, energy and accountability.
- Commercial acumen.
- Contacts in EMEA financial institutions.
- Some business and requirements analysis experience.
- Experience of trading front to back office stack.