This is an opportunity to join the Professional Services team of a creative and outstanding technology software company.
Caplin Systems has been around for 20 years and markets web-based trading technology - software components, front end solutions, and professional services. Our customers include four of the top five global banks (by FX volume) as well as leading regional and national financial institutions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Junior Project Manager to support the Professional Services team in delivering client projects. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their skills to an organisation at the leading edge of webbased trading technology and with clients including some of the world’s biggest financial institutions. The role will be based in our London office near Liverpool Street on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Professional Services.
You will join a dynamic team of Project Managers and be using your skills to assist in coordinating various Client projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Pre Project delivery team with setting up client workshops, proof of concepts and requirements gathering.
- Work with the Pre Project delivery team to report on Sales progress to Caplin’s management team.
- Work with Caplin Project Managers to analyse financial and project data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Maintain/improve the existing project tracking tools (cost, scope and quality tracking reporting).
- Work with Caplin Project Managers to manage, improve and maintain formal Professional Services documentation, including Process Overviews, Statement of Work templates, Schedules, Project Reports and Steering Group Packs.
- Work with Caplin Project Managers to ensure that all projects are properly planned, set up and maintained using the in-house Project Accounting System, Synergist, and issue management system, Jira.
- Assist the Caplin Project Managers on an ad-hoc basis with their scoping, planning, agile delivery and re-planning as required.
- Work with the Caplin Client Delivery Manager to ensure a consistent account reporting process is in place across existing client
You should apply if:
- A minimum of 2 years Project Management / PMO experience with some understanding of Agile practices
- An interest in analytics, metrics and data reporting that you can apply to Caplin projects
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Motivation and tenacity in problem solving
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills
- Strong and demonstrable documentation, presentation and visualisation skills
- Effective time-management skills, ability to support the Professional Services team to manage multiple work streams concurrently and manage deadlines
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to create rapport with all levels of project stakeholders
- A BSc degree at 2:1 or equivalent