This is an opportunity to join the Documentation team of a creative, leading web trading software company.
Caplin is the market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms. Its award-winning software enables its customers to build high-performance web trading apps and to deliver real-time information securely and reliably to those apps.
We have an immediate vacancy for a junior technical writer to create and maintain documentation for software developers, system administrators and end users.
The role will be based in London on a permanent basis, however due to current circumstances will be remote until further notice.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their skills to an organisation at the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with blue-chip global financial clients.
You will be required to:
- Create and maintain documentation for end-users, system administrators, and developers
- Proofread documentation submitted by other teams for publication
- Meet with product owners and developers to gather information about new product features and for documentation reviews.
- Develop knowledge of Caplin products, software development, and the FX industry
- Collate and analyse information from multiple sources: product testing, developers, JIRA, Confluence, and source code
- Work with a Docs-as-Code toolchain: AsciiDoc (Asciidoctor), Git, Jekyll, Jenkins, GitLab, and Artifactory
You should apply if:
- You are a self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player and keen to learn.
- You want to work in a company where taking on additional responsibilities and stepping-up is rewarded, and where you can make a name for yourself.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can communicate complex ideas simply, clearly, and concisely.
- You have strong investigative and analytical skills, with an attention to detail
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can work with people from all areas of the business: developers, product owners, support, and sales.
- You have strong time management skills
- You have demonstrable experience of writing for software developers
- You have worked with, or have a desire to work with, a Docs-as-Code toolchain (primary tools: a code editor, Asciidoctor, and Git)
- You have at least 1 years experience working as a technical author or working in a role in which technical writing was one of your responsibilities.
- You have a strong academic background, ideally with a science, engineering or computer related degree.
- You have worked as a software developer
- You have worked in an agile environment
- You have knowledge of the FX industry