Caplin Systems has been around for 20 years and markets web-based FX trading technology: software components, front end solutions and professional services. Our customers include four of the top ten global banks (by FX volume) as well as leading regional and national financial institutions. We have a growing client base of around 25 active clients based in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas.
We seek an experienced Pre-Sales & Account Management professional to assist the sales, product and account management teams in new and existing business opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their skills to an organisation at the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with clients including some of the world’s biggest financial institutions.
This is a permanent full-time role based at Caplin’s London office near Aldgate, reporting into the Lead Technical Pre-Sales Consultant.
You will join a small team of Pre-Sales & Account Management professionals tasked with winning trading technology projects and growing relationships with existing Caplin clients. Using your previous experience, you will take a leading role in overseeing, running and improving Caplin client accounts globally and assisting Caplin’s sales team in winning new business.
You are required to:
- Prepare and confidently deliver technical presentations and demos to prospects and customers
- Assist with submission of commercial documents including RFP / RFI responses and project proposals
- Capture, document and validate prospect requirements
- Be the point of contact for advanced prospects requiring technical clarification or information
- Help to provide an effective and documented technical handover from pre-sales to delivery
- Be responsible for retaining current accounts, driving new revenue opportunities from existing clients and increasing customer loyalty
- Expand the number of business and technical contacts amongst your client base with a view to establishing a strong network of industry leaders
- Hold regular client meetings with the aim of understanding their business needs and Caplin suitability to match those needs
- Working closely with internal and external development teams delivering new functionality to clients
- Maintain and update all information pertaining to your assigned clients including contacts, product usage, strategic plans and meeting notes
- Understand the Caplin Product Suite to target cross-selling opportunities
You should apply if:
- Demonstrable account management and/or business analysis experience
- A quick learner who is tenacious in problem solving; able to grasp the fundamentals of trading workflows in web-based applications
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a confident and diplomatic approach when engaging clients
- Understand and be comfortable talking to clients about technical architecture and constituent components (i.e. Databases, Application Servers, Web Servers, Firewalls, Proxies, Browsers)
- Demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and discipline with faultless attention to detail
- Effective time-management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently and manage deadlines
- Strong documentation and presentation skills (Google Drive, MS Office, Visio, Intranet)
- Available and willing to participate in occasional non-business hours meetings/calls to cover APAC/Americas clients/prospects
- (Post-COVID) Willingness to travel, potentially requiring weekend stays (with time off in lieu)
- Experience working with C-level stakeholders in global financial organisations
- Practical experience of fault tracking systems (such as Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with FX products and workflows
- Familiarity with Agile development approaches
- A numerate or semi-numerate degree having achieved a 2:1 or above