This is an opportunity to join a growing Product & Design Team building the most innovative Foreign Exchange & Payments software.
Caplin develops web-based Foreign Exchange trading software for banks and their clients, a historically underserved market. We are known for our best-in-class UI and UX which has been crucial to our success in providing financial services organisations a competitive edge against neo-banks. Our clients also love us because we invest in innovative product development and work closely with them to design and ideate on new features/concepts.
We are now starting a journey together with our wider Group partners to push innovation within our Foreign Exchange & Payments applications across multiple customer segments. Our ambition is to be the leading provider of web-based Foreign Exchange trading software used by banks and their clients globally!
We are currently looking for a Product Designer to work with other Designers and Product Owners to design and develop intuitive solutions for our clients across the Foreign Exchange & Payments Product Portfolio.
As a Product Designer at Caplin you will be part of a wider team building products that put users at the heart of the design process. You will work closely with the Product Owners on core features and strategic concepts for products used internally at banks to facilitate Foreign Exchange transactions. You will also be expected to contribute to the design of features across our customer self-service portals and mobile applications.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ideate and prototype with Product Owners and Engineering Leads to continually improve our software’s features and functionality
- Create wireframes/interaction designs as well as prototypes for desktop and mobile
- Design and brand different versions of our applications’ UI
- Support development teams (both onsite & remote) in product development
- Create style guides and graphical assets for use by developers
- Sketch, draw and scribble through workshops, as well as being able to lead one
- Write up customer journey maps & persona’s
- Create sketches, concepts, wireframes, user journeys, and navigational prototypes
- Originate UI concepts and models, as well as improving existing ones
- Contribute to the innovation of our products and processes
- Assist in the continuous upkeep and management of Caplin’s design system, reviewing the implementation with the development team.
- Occasionally design marketing collateral and materials, both digital and print
- Act as a product design evangelist for Caplin’s Products
- Provide design expertise to Proof of Concepts
- Research the Foreign Exchange & Payments markets and bring innovative ideas to enhance our Products
- Conduct user research and testing with existing clients together with a Product Owner
You should apply if:
You’ll need to have:
- The ambition to design the best Foreign Exchange & Payments product(s) on the market
- Skills in interaction, UX and UI design
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience in bringing proven (and innovative) methods for integrating User Experience design practices into Agile software development projects
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- The experience, confidence and professionalism to liaise with clients directly to present and discuss your designs and participate in design workshops
- Ability to communicate and engage audiences of different seniority levels
- An excellent eye for detail
- Understanding of user testing and research principles
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Experience with customer journey mapping
- Understanding of persona based design
- Experience working in an agile environment
Bonus points if you have the following:
- B2B product design experience
- Experience in designing and delivering complex products
- Experience in the financial technology sector or in Foreign Exchange at a bank
- Experience designing Payments features
- Experience in service design
- Design consultancy background
- Experience with Adobe XD