This is an opportunity to join and grow the Product & Design team of a creative, fast-growing and independent software company.
Caplin is the market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms. Our award-winning software enables our customers to build high-performance web trading apps that deliver real-time information securely and reliably.
At Caplin we believe that design is just as important in institutional finance as it is in the retail sector, both being historically underserved. We know that design can improve customer experience and engagement, positively impacting profitability for our customers.
We currently have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Product Designer based in London to play a key role at the cutting edge of real-time rich Internet applications. You’ll be a member of the Product team, supporting the continuous improvements of our industry-leading products.
As a Product Designer at Caplin you will:
- Bring proven (and innovative) methods for integrating User Experience design practices into Agile software development projects
- Work with product owners and managers, client services and directly with clients to continually improve our software’s features and functionality
- Create wireframes/interaction designs as well as prototypes for desktop and mobile applications
- Design and brand different versions of our applications’ UI
- Create style guides and graphical assets for use by developers (both onsite & remote)
- Sketch, draw and scribble through workshops, as well as being able to lead one
- Originate UI concepts and models, as well as improving existing ones
- Contribute to the innovation of our products and processes
- Research, define and justify ways to make our applications more intuitive and attractive
- Assist in the continuous upkeep and management of Caplin’s design system, reviewing the implementation with the development team.
- Occasionally design marketing collateral and materials, both digital and print
You should apply if:
- Skills in interaction, UX and UI design (fanatical attention to detail is essential)
- Highly proficient with Sketch, Invision, and other design tools
- Experience shipping products end-to-end, from ideation to feature iteration
- Creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and complex Design system
- A passion for innovative and well-designed user interfaces
- Knowledge of the financial industry is desirable, but not essential
- The experience, confidence and professionalism to liaise with clients directly to present and discuss your designs and participate in design workshops
- A track record in user research, and an in-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and current best practice.
- Experience in usability testing; demonstrating an ability to plan and prioritise, conduct and analyse your own studies
- Experience of working within agile development frameworks
- Experience working and communicating directly with developers
- Collaboration with other members of the Design team to get to the heart of the users needs, and the product requirements.
- The ability to estimate tasks accurately and to manage your own time effectively
- Ability to work remotely as well as onsite
- You’ll need to prepare a presentation of your portfolio on completed projects for the interview, and be able to talk through the UCD thinking involved