This is an opportunity to join and grow the Product & Design team of a creative, fast-growing and independent software company.
Caplin is the market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms. Our award-winning software enables our customers to build high-performance web trading apps that deliver real-time information securely and reliably.
At Caplin we believe that design is just as important in institutional finance as it is in the retail sector, both being historically underserved. We know that design can improve customer experience and engagement, positively impacting profitability for our customers.
We currently have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Product Designer based in London to play a key role at the cutting edge of real-time rich internet applications. You’ll be a member of the Product team, supporting the continuous improvements of our industry-leading products.
As a Senior Product Designer at Caplin you will:
- Bring proven (and innovative) methods for integrating User Experience design practices into Agile software development projects
- Work with product owners and managers, client services and directly with clients to continually improve our software’s features and functionality
- Create wireframes/interaction designs as well as prototypes for desktop and mobile applications
- Design and brand different versions of our applications’ UI
- Create style guides and graphical assets for use by developers
- Sketch, draw and scribble through workshops, as well as being able to lead one
- Originate UI concepts and models, as well as improving existing ones
- Contribute to the innovation of our products and processes
- Research, define and justify ways to make our applications more intuitive and attractive.
- Assist in the continuous upkeep and management of Caplin’s design system, reviewing the implementation with the development team.
- Occasionally design marketing collateral and materials, both digital and print
You should apply if:
- Experience shipping products end-to-end, from ideation to feature iteration
- Skills in interaction, UX and UI design
- Highly proficient with Sketch, Invision, and other design tools
- Bonus if you have experience with animation tools such as Principle
- Experience working and communicating directly with developers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to people of different abilities
- Collaboration with other members of the Design team to get to the heart of the users needs, and the product requirements.
- The experience, confidence and professionalism to liaise with clients directly to present and discuss your designs
- Ability to lead product and design workshops with clients, as well as requirements gathering session.
- A track record in user research, and an in-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and current best practice.
- Experience conducting usability testing; demonstrating an ability to plan and prioritise, conduct and analyse your own studies
- You’ll need to prepare a presentation of your portfolio on completed projects for the interview, and be able to talk through the UCD thinking involved
- Creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes
- Proficiency in creating lo-fi wireframe prototypes to realise design concepts
- A demonstrable passion for innovative and well-designed user interfaces
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- A good eye for UI and the ability to design screens from component library
- An inquisitive nature and fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the determination to thrive in a demanding software development environment
- Experience of working within agile development frameworks
- The ability to estimate tasks accurately and to manage your own time effectively
- Knowledge of the financial industry is desirable, but not essential
- Understanding of web technology, progressive web as well as mobile applicationimplementation
- You are looking to transition to a leading role, but are still very much hands on.
- You have a brilliant understanding of the broader business and customer
- context for your work.
- You can share situations where you have led the solution for a significant user
- journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem.
- You have proven experience in facilitating workshops and leading meetings, as
- well as proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and
- You have mature people and leaderships skills, and are capable of growing and mentoring more junior members of the team.