This is an opportunity to join the Client Services team of a creative, leading web trading software company.
Caplin is the market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms. Its award-winning software enables its customers to build high-performance web trading apps and to deliver real-time information securely and reliably to those apps.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Technical Support Consultant to work on our 24*7 global support operation providing 1st /2nd line technical support for non-managed and managed services solutions.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic individual wanting to bring their technical, problem solving and customer-facing skills to an organization on the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with blue-chip global financial clients.
The role will be based in London on a permanent basis, however due to current circumstances will be remote until further notice. The role will suit 2nd jobbers, looking to further develop their technical career.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Solicit appropriate diagnostic information from the customer, perform analysis and clearly present this verbally and in written form.
- Provide telephone/remote/onsite support to financial institutions depending on client requirements.
- Manage support issues efficiently and effectively from commencement through to resolution in line with customer SLAs.
- Review the product code with 3rd line support.
- Work with parts of customers’ code to replicate issues they are experiencing.
- Coordinate internal escalation and RCA meetings.
- Maintain and nurture a strong relationship with the customers.
- Ensure customers’ requirements and expectations are managed in a professional manner.
- Grow product and customer system knowledge within the support team and ensure salient knowledge is captured in documentation.
- Continually improve and streamline the support process.
You should apply if:
- 2 years’ experience of providing technical support for software systems/applications.
- A degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Comfortable working with Linux and the command line.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a confident and diplomatic approach when engaging clients.
- Outstanding investigative and analytical skills, with an attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-improving.
- A hunger to develop and gain valuable leading-edge web technology skills, front-office trading systems knowledge and financial markets experience.
- Effective time-management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently, work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Practical experience of fault tracking systems (such as Jira).
- Willingness to participate in non-business hours support (with appropriate remuneration).
- To have a flexible attitude towards hours of work.
- Knowledge of the FX industry.
- ITIL certification.