This page describes the basic checks you should perform when troubleshooting the Deployment Framework.
To check that the basic Deployment Framework containing Liberator and Transformer has been installed correctly:
- Check what's been deployed
- After you've started the Platform components and blades, check that Liberator is running.
- If you can't connect to Liberator's web page, make sure you have the correct port number (see Obtain Port numbers in Installing Liberator).
Check that Transformer is running. The easiest way to do that is to look at the DataSources section of the Liberator status page; if Transformer is running, the DataSource called transformer1 will have Status "UP" (green light):
Once the basic Deployment Framework is up and running, deploy your required blades. The best way to check that a particular blade is correctly deployed and configured is to start the Caplin Platform Deployment Framework and verify that the feature the blade provides is available.
If your Adapter blade doesn't appear to be running, or can't be seen by the Transformer or Liberator:
- For a Java-based blade, ensure that the Java environment settings are correctly defined on the machine(s) where the blade runs.
- Check that the blade's server hostname has been defined correctly (see Change server hostnames in Change server-specific configuration).