This page guides you through setting up the front-end of Caplin FX Professional.
FX Professional has the following requirements:
- You need a Java 7 (32-bit) JDK or better installed in your development environment
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable must be set to point to the Java Development Kit (JDK) installation directory, see here
- Caplin Trader 4+
For further information on the minimum software and hardware requirements contact us at www.caplin.com/business/page/contact
Start by importing the Motif using BladeRunner
The FX Professional Motif 2 is a fully fledged HTML5 trading application that utilises Caplin Trader SDK libraries, and can be imported into BladeRunnerJS (BRJS). As a development toolkit and lightweight framework, BRJS can be used for building modular large-scale HTML5 single page web apps. The deployment package CapinTrader-4.zip contains the BladeRunnerJS framework.
Extract the CaplinTrader-4.zip to a location of your choice.
- If you were given a js-patches.zip file, unzip this and copy the \caplin folder into the \CaplinTrader\js-patches\ directory.
Now open a command-line window, navigate to \CaplinTrader\sdk, and execute the following command:
A Jetty web server should now have been initiated. You are now able to access the BladeRunnerJS dashboard from a web browser using the following address:
- Access the BladeRunnerJS dashboard and click Import Motif from Zip.
- Click Choose File from the dialog box. Select the file fxtrader.zip.
- Specify an 'App Name'. In this example we will use NovoTrader.
- Specify an 'App Namespace'. In this example we will use novo.
Click Create and wait for the app to be created.
Once the app is created, you'll see a tile with the thumbnail image of the newly created app on the dashboard with the app name NovoTrader (or whichever app name you have specified)
- Click Open on the newly created app tile in the dashboard. You should now see all available bladesets (fx blotters and fxexecution), along with the included blades listed below each bladeset.
Click the Launch App icon , in the top right corner of the dashboard. You will then be directed to a login page for the FX Motif.Note: From this point on, you are able to directly access this login page URL providing that you have BladeRunnerJS started (see Part 1: step 3)
At the login page, login as 'email@example.com' with password 'password'.
When you have logged in, an Alerts message displays ...a connection could not be established. This is expected; we still need to set up the back-end systems.
- Shut down BladeRunnerJS from the command-line window using <CTRL+C>, or simply close the window.
Now go to Setting up the back end.