The following pages define the configuration items that you can use to configure Liberator.
Because Liberator is a DataSource application, it also uses DataSource configuration. For instance, you need to configure its DataSource peer connections, any required data services, and the logging set up. To see the list of DataSource configuration reference pages, click here.
For an overview of how configuration works see Features and concepts of DataSource configuration.
To find out about the format of configuration items, see the DataSource Configuration Syntax Reference (PDF).
There's a page (or sometimes more) on this site for each area of Liberator configuration (HTTP connections, HTTPS connections, object management, and so on), listing all the configuration items that are available for that area.
Mandatory items and default values
If a configuration item or an option within an item has a default value, the item/option is optional and if you don't specify it, its default value will apply.
If the default is shown as [none], the item/option is mandatory (unless otherwise indicated) - you must specify it in your configuration. For example, the service-name and add-source-group options of the add-data-service DataSource configuration item have no default, so if you define a data service, it must at least have a name and a single
add-data-service service-name MyDataService add-source-group ... add-source-group end-data-service
Links to the Liberator configuration reference pages
- Object management
- HTTP connections
- HTTPS connections
- RTTP configuration
- Direct connections
- Session management
- Status page authentication
- Auth module
- Snapshot web module
- Fields configuration
- Latency configuration
- DataSource configuration reference (home page)
- Reference: DataSource peers configuration
- Reference: Data services configuration
- Reference: Logging configuration
- Reference: Default Port Allocations
- Deployment Framework Structure
- Reference: Configuration macros and items in the Deployment Framework
- How can I... Deploy Platform components to the Deployment Framework
- How can I... Change server-specific configuration within the Deployment Framework
- How Can I... Change a blade’s configuration
- How can I... Change Liberator port numbers within the Deployment Framework
- How can I... Configure how Liberator handles HTTP connections
- How can I... Configure how Liberator handles HTTPS connections
- How can I... Configure how Liberator handles direct client connections
- How can I... Set up a cluster of Liberators
- How can I... Control when Liberator purges its object cache
- How can I... Configure a connection to a news service