The following pages define the configuration items that you can use to configure Transformer.
Because Transformer is a DataSource application, it also uses DataSource configuration. For instance, you need to configure its DataSource peer connections, any required data services, and the logging set up. To see the list of DataSource configuration reference pages, click here.
- For an overview of how configuration works see Features and concepts of DataSource configuration.
- To find out about the format of configuration items, see the DataSource Configuration Syntax Reference (PDF).
There's a page (or sometimes more) on this site for each area of Transformer configuration (modules, object management, and so on), listing all the configuration items that are available for that area.
Mandatory items and default values
If a configuration item or an option within an item has a default value, the item/option is optional and if you don't specify it, its default value will apply.
If the default is shown as [none], the item/option is mandatory (unless otherwise indicated) - you must specify it in your configuration. For example, the service-name and add-source-group options of the add-data-service DataSource configuration item have no default, so if you define a data service, it must at least have a name and a single
add-data-service service-name MyDataService add-source-group ... add-source-group end-data-service
Links to the Transformer configuration reference pages
- Memory and cache
- Peer management
- Pipeline database
- Pipeline threads
- Auto-publishing module
- Java Transformer Module
- DataSource configuration reference (home page)
- Liberator configuration reference (home page)
- Reference: DataSource peers configuration
- Reference: Data services configuration
- Reference: Logging configuration
- Reference: Default Port Allocations
- Deployment Framework Structure
- Reference: Configuration macros and items in the Deployment Framework
- How can I... Deploy Platform components to the Deployment Framework
- How can I... Change server-specific configuration within the Deployment Framework
- How Can I... Change a blade’s configuration