The Charting blade is designed for use with Intraday data and can perform the following tasks:
- Request any field at regular intervals.
- Cache those field value in a file where they can be used to provide charting data.
- Perform simple validation. For example, you can check a last trade update is within a certain percentage of the previous value (those that are not are taken as erroneous trades), or reject a last trade price that has a value of 0 (which is part of start-of-day processing).
There are Charting blade tutorial pages that explain how to perform these tasks by configuring and using the blade's configuration files.
How to install
The Charting blade is installed as a Service Blade alongside the Caplin Transformer core.
Charting Blade Tutorials
Tutorials on how to use and configure the blade can be found under the "How Can I…" section:
- Request Intraday Data
- Cache and Validate Intraday Data
- Pass Intraday Data to Transformer Core
- Manage Intraday Opening Hours Information
These tutorials describe the Charting blade for use as part of Caplin Transformer, and are intended for use by those who wish to install, configure, and maintain the Caplin Transformer. They explain how to configure the Charting blade for use with Intraday data.
Configuring the Charting Blade
The options specified in the tutorial pages can be edited in charting.conf, fieldset.conf, watchlist.conf under /global_config/overrides/
A summary of configuration options can be found under the "Reference" section on this page: Charting Blade Configuration Summary.