Based on pure HTML5 technology, Caplin Trader provides sophisticated ready-to-run trading front ends for a range of asset classes, with tools that make it easy to style, brand, modify and extend these. It also includes BladeRunner, the world’s most powerful HTML5 framework for developing your own HTML5 trading components and solutions.
Caplin Trader is designed to run on top of the Caplin Platform, which provides advanced web trading services to support the front end functionality.
Caplin Trader allows you to create a customised, high-end web trading app faster and more reliably than any other solution - and at a fraction of the cost.
New Features in Caplin Trader 3
Caplin Trader Motifs
“Motifs” are pre-packaged Caplin Trader projects designed to provide a set of online trading functionality to suit a particular situation.
Each Motif is production-ready, so if it contains the functionality you need then you can style the appearance and connect it to your appropriate systems and you are ready to deploy your live system.
Institutional FX Motif
Designed for use with Caplin Trader 3 and the Caplin Platform, the Institutional FX Motif is a ready-made starting point for an Institutional FX single-dealer platform, and can be integrated with any FX trading system.
It contains the following Blades, each of which is a best-practice implementation that comes complete with unit and acceptance tests.
- FX pricing grids, with 4 and 5 DP price formatters and renderers, and handlers for launching trade tickets
- FX Watchlist grid, with integration with the Caplin Platform Watchlist Service Blade
- FX Trade ticket for Spot, Forward and Swap trades, supporting odd lots, broken dates and streaming dealable rates
- FX Trade tile for one-click Spot and Forward trades, supporting volume bands, standard and broken date forward ladder and GFA limits
- FX Deal Blotter for intra-session and historical deals with search, filter, sort and export to Excel features
- User preferences dialog for setting date and data formatting preferences
App-level features include:
- Institutional trader workstation-style application layout with flexible user-customisable content
- Integrated pricing and trade workflow, with drag-and-drop integration between components
- Internationalised content with demo localisation in English, German, traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese
- “Noir” theme, providing modern, polished UX and consistent styling across each blade
Mobile Markets Motif
The huge rise in the usage of smartphone and tablet devices means users now demand access and control of their data anywhere and everywhere. Caplin can now deliver real time data seamlessly to any mobile platform.
The Mobile Markets Motif provides an excellent starting point for just such an app, and as it is based on the latest HTML 5 techniques all of the blades can be seamlessly reused across desktop, tablet and mobile devices with no re-coding required.
Initial functionality includes:
- Real time FX prices and ‘recent tick’ visualisation
- Morning call slideshow
- Upcoming trade events
- Integrated twitter feed
- Global and local news using HTML5 geolocation API
- Intra-day performance visualisation
Extending a Motif
If you want to modify a Motif, implement additional business functions or customise the appearance then you can either use an existing blade as a best-practice starting point for your own development, or you can build your own blade to add to, or replace, the functionality of the Motif.
Alternatively Caplin's Professional Services team is available to work with you to specify, project manage and develop your own unique trading app.
Fitting it all together
Caplin's product set, consisting of Caplin Trader, Caplin Platform and Caplin Integration Suite, is designed to work closely together - you will benefit from the tight integration and the service oriented architecture design which is built to maximise performance while minimising network traffic.See how
Building a Web Trading App
Find out more about the basic anatomy of a web trading systemRead more