ZKB and Caplin Win Waters Technology Award for Best Implementation at a Sell-Side Firm
New York, April 24th 2013 – Caplin Systems Ltd, the web trading technology company, and Zürcher Kantonalbank (ZKB) have won the Waters Technology award for “Best Implementation at a Sell-Side Firm” at the inaugural Sell-Side Technology Awards held last night at the New York Marriott Marquis. The awards, which recognise the leading sell-side technology achievements, are decided by a panel of eight judges including sell-side CIOs/consultants and Waters’ senior staff.
ZKB’s “eTradingPro” which took best implementation against stiff competition, is a single-dealer platform for structured products that was designed, tested and implemented by a small joint ZKB/Caplin team in a matter of months. The portal is built entirely in Caplin’s HTML5 technology and allows traders, relationship managers and the sales team to design, purchase and manage subscriptions of Barrier Reverse Convertibles. The application provides rich and sophisticated functionality including a dynamically updating chart gives users a real time picture of how potential payoffs change as they alter the variables. The project went live internally in January 2013, to universal praise from the traders who use it. It went live to external users in March.
Commenting on the award win, Patrick Myles, CTO, Caplin, said: "These awards acknowledge the exciting developments and achievements going on in the Sell side right now. eTradingPro is already a favourite with ZKB’s traders and over time will offer additional asset classes. It’s been a privilege to work with ZKB team and it’s great to see their vision triumph.”
ZKB is a full-service bank in the Zurich region with total assets of CHF 151 bn, ZKB is the largest of the cantonal banks and Switzerland's third-largest bank. ZKB is one of the few banks in the world to retain a first-class rating (AAA or Aaa) from rating agencies Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and Fitch. Moreover, ZKB has received the Safest Bank Award for safest full service bank from the Global Finance Magazine.
Other recent news releases
- Caplin and OpenFin partner to accelerate HTML5 adoption, April 18th 2013 HTML
- Caplin enhances trading and data support for Android and IOS devices, 12 February 2013 HTML|PDF
- Standard Bank selects Caplin Trader for multi-asset online trading, 23 January 2013 HTML|PDF
- Jyske Bank partners with Caplin and Progress Software to deliver FX solution, 21 November 2012 HTML|PDF
- Caplin Trader 3 - a production ready web trading solution built entirely in HTML5, 14 November 2012 HTML|PDF
- Caplin joins forces with Progress Apama to provide end-to-end e-commerce solution, 6 November 2012 HTML|PDF
- Caplin announces BladeRunner - an HTML5 breakthrough for web trading 17 September 2012
- Caplin Presenter improves development of financial web applications 17 February 2012
- Caplin’s revenue growth continues 27 October 2011
- Caplin Refiner improves performance of financial web applications 13 September 2011
- Caplin reports record results 15 April 2011
- Caplin’s clients sweep up in Digital FX Awards 11 April 2011
- Caplin opens US office, appoints general manager 16 February 2011