There are a number of technical requirements that you will need to meet for us to successfully deliver your on-site training.
If you require more information on any of these requirements, please contact us.
Each training computer must be of the following specification or better:
Minimum hardware specification:
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo or better (ideally Intel Core i7)|
|Memory||4-GB RAM (ideally 8 GB)|
|Hard drive||2 GB available space or better|
|Display||Two 19" screens or better (per pair of delegates)|
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
Local administrator privileges.
Permission to edit the hosts file (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).
Pre-install the following software packages on each training computer:
Oracle Java JDK 1.8 64-bit, with the JAVA_HOME environment variable set to the installation directory of the JDK.Important: There may be an issue with some versions of Oracle Java and macOS. See Installing Java for more details.
- IDE with Gradle support. For example, Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (64-bit) or JetBrain's IntelliJ IDEA
- Google Chrome
- [Microsoft Windows] Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- [Microsoft Windows] Cygwin or Git Bash (installed as part of Git for Windows)
For detailed installation instructions, see Setting up the development environment.
Arrange for the following files to made available to learners:
- Caplin Deployment Framework installation kit
- Liberator installation kit
- Transformer installation kit
- Training branch of the Caplin Project Templates repository on GitHub: https://github.com/caplin/project-templates/tree/training. If you do not ordinarily have access to the GitHub site, download the training branch in advance of the training.
Each training computer must have Internet access (for downloading software) and be accessible on the network by a fully-qualified host name.
Training environment assessment
Five days prior to commencing training, we visit the training environment to ensure that it is correctly set up.